Thursday 9 September 2010

Let's get dirty at the weekend whether you are at Bestival or not!!

















Well it's the weekend and it's also Bestival weekend, probably the best weekend of the year. I'm waiting for all my friends to finish work so we can jump in the car and drive down the A3 at an illegal speed to catch the ferry over to the Island where the fun can begin!

For those who aren't going to Bestival and are either staying in or just going out this weekend here are three amazing tracks to warm you up for a huge weekend of fun!!! they invovle three of my favourite bands around at the moment as well which makes this post even better!

Dog is Dead - Glockenspiel Song (Saulya mix) This remix takes the excellent original from this wicked new band to a much darker deeper place using the original vocals that lend themselves so well to this mix. This is exactly the kind of remix that can bring this band to a new audience.

Look out for the remix soon......

Runners - Starting Line. I know I have blogged about this band before but after they played one of my club nights (Deep South Club) they were kind enough to send me through their newest mastered track. It's a 6 minute epic journey that keeps you engaged through it's use of bouncey sounds (have a listen and you'll understand what I mean) that keep building on top of the driving bass line that will get any dance floor moving then comes the Gerald Casale vocals that just elevate the track to an even better level.

Get it Here - Runners - Starting Line

The final offering comes from one of the more popular bands of the moment Chapel Club whose latest single 'All the Eastern Girls' has been given a d-i-r-t-y makeover courtesy of Breton. This isn't quite the filthy bass lines we are used to from Breton but is still a hot re-work. It is going to be released on 11th October as part of Chapel Clubs EP which will hopefully get Breton some well deserved press. If you like this remix, go and buy Bretons Sharing Notes EP which will blow you away.

Get it here - Chapel Club - All the Eastern Girls (Breton Remix)

Right have good weekends and hopefully I will survive Bestival....whether it's muddy or not and I won't tell you my hot picks as everyone playing Bestival is wicked as always but I will be watching Mount Kimbie and Neon Indian for sure....!!

No comments:

Post a Comment